The Central Claims Group Complaints Procedure
Complaints Handling Procedure
1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or any other form in respect
of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the
Compensation Act 2006.
2. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business
days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint. Wherever possible,
that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the
complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint
3. Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
a) a final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
b) a response which:
(i) explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for
the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response; and
(ii) informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Legal Ombunmsan if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
4. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any
acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which
you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
5. If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks,
you may refer the complaint to –
PO Box 6804,
WV1 9WG ,
Tel: 0300 555 1777
Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01or 02) from both mobiles and landlines.
Calls are recorded and may be used for training and monitoring purposes.